TISCH ABELOW + DAKOTAH SAVAGEPerky Brach
April 17, 2016 - May 22, 2016
Opening Reception: Sunday April 17, 6-8 pm
- Walked "15" miles
- Ringworm. Cody's Fright (socks over pants)
- Leon Trotsky Museum
- Chorizo E Papas tacos
- El Chapo (me) "Coy"ote (Dako)
- Jesus <3 #tinder Mexico
- Handing out sandwiches at show
- Morning workout
- Latin Lovers everywhere
- Lesbian who turned out to be a man (Cody's therapist)
- Missing David Bowie lookalike (RIP)
- Frida (Wesley's friend)
- Hot waiter, Cody winks
- Gurubala - tinder date #1 (not vegan, he eats honey)
- Diego Museum - cute tour guide
- Cody's blue drink
- Potential art piece: "Adelle"
- Too many chips for dinner at La Bipolar
- The move to Condesa - bye bye Pepe (5 stars)
- Smelly bathroom
- Tristan <3 <3 Dear Diary...
- Sam blossoms
- Mescal on walk (Thanks Tristan!)
- Boy craze continues
- Sam revamps Tinder
- Failed double date (Jesus doesn't love me)
- The search for Elliot - hip party, hot guys (especially one)
- Elliot falls for Cody (Mural of Beatles behind Elliot's head at cantina. Elliot loves the Beatles)
- Sleepless night. Smelly and Freezing. We spoon Hard.
- Cody swipes right for Francisco (fingers crossed)
- Bralow hits up Tisch
- Where is Jesus?
- The search for new AirBnb (futile)
- Ants in my bag
- Drain clogged
- Plumber comes, smell gone
- First subway ride - 10 pesos total
- (Talk about our aspirations to be famous in the bar the night before as we prep for party)
- "Edge Play"
Tisch Abelow (b. 1985) is an artist currently living and working in NYC. Her work has been included in group shows at numerous galleries such as Jack Hanley, New York, 247365, New York, and Rear Window, New York. She had her first solo exhibition at Michael Thibault Gallery, Los Angeles (2014) and had a two-person exhibition with Peter Harkawik at Freddy, Baltimore (2014). Abelow curated exhibitions at ART BLOG ART BLOG, New York (2011) and at The Hole, New York (2014).
Dakotah Savage (b. 1988) is an artist currently living and working in NYC. Her work has been included in group exhibitions at U.S. Blues, Brooklyn, Rear Window, New York and The Hole, New York. She co-curated "Can I Get A Witness?" at ART BLOG ART BLOG, New York (2011). Savage and Abelow had a collaborative exhibition, "IF," at Lana's, Brooklyn (2015). Savage has an upcoming solo exhibition at Freddy, Harris (2016).